Round and Round

Monday, March 5, 2012 -   Well the good news is that my MRI came back stable.  Yeah!  The frustrating thing has been getting started on medication.  My doctors office sent over the prescription order over a week ago.  I thought they got insurance figured out and the company put me on their copay program because my total for meds was over $6,800.  Well I should have known it would not be that easy.  The pharmacy called me last Thursday to place the order and I was still going to owe over $2,800.  I told them that was not correct so they said that it needed to be rerun through my insurance and they would call me back.  I had not heard from them by today so I called them back.  Now they said I owed over $2,600.  GRRRRRR!  So I called the company with the medication and they said that was not correct so while I held on the phone they called the pharmacy and got it straighted out.  In the end the company will only cover $2,500.  So much for the copay assistance program.  Of course they did not offer me any other option.  So I asked if they had another assistance program (I already knew they did) and she said yes but I would have to qualify.  Well guess what we qualify.  It helps to be poor.  :(  Yeah!  Now to wait for the four page application and then send it back to wait another few days and then maybe I can think about having my medication.  Lets see how may road blocks I run into this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment