Monday March 7, 2011 - Well it has been awhile since my last post and I guess a few things have happened since. We had a snow day last month. The kids loved staying home and playing in the snow for about two seconds and then their hands got cold. Jerry and I didn't have much fun. Our outside pipes froze and the kitchen sink kept trying to freeze over. So we spent snow day 2011 trying to thaw pipes. I could never live up north.

I went in for my annual exam with my lady doctor and pointed out a lump I found on my breast several months before. I was then sent for a mammogram and ultrasound. I don't know if I was more nervous about having the mammogram done or the results. Either way everything turned out fine. I was told to come back if it changes.

I went in for my six month follow up with my neurologist a couple of weeks ago. He was happy that I seem to be doing well but not happy that I have not stayed on top of my medication. He was about to switch me to the oral drug but I told him no. There are just too many side affects. So he scared me and told me that I may be doing fine now but when I am 50 we will have big problems. We are still trying to figure out the best way for me to remember and want to take my medication. It is just so painful!

I have been working more than two days a week for awhile because we have had so many teachers out that I have been subbing a lot. Last week I got a call from my boss offering me a teaching position for the remainder of the school year. One of our teachers has to start working full time for her husband so I will be taking her position. This will give me a chance to get used to teaching and working five days a week for next school year. I am sad that this teacher has to leave but very excited for the opportunity.

I am looking forward to spring for the warmer weather but I am not looking forward to the warmer weather because it make me sooooooooo tired. I hope everyone is enjoying the weather! Hopefully it will not be as long until my next post.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment