ER visit

Sunday May 24, 2009 - By now my vision had only gotten worse and my pain was getting worse. When Jerry got home form work we decided to make a trip to the ER. When I got the the ER the nurse checked my vision and it was 20/100. Yikes! I could not even see where she was pointing on the chart for me to read. So I finally saw the ER doctor and he mentioned doing a CT scan and I agreed. Before he would do the scan, however he wanted to look at my eye and follow up with an ophthalmologist he had on call. When he did the eye exam he determined that I had a corneal abrasion. I thought that was a little weird considering I had not had pain on the front of my eye and didn't remember getting poked or hit in the eye with anything. So the ER doctor decided to call the ophthalmologist with his findings and treated me for a corneal abrasion which consisted of dilating drops every 8 hours and antibiotic drops every hour. My discharge papers instructions from the ER were to follow up with the ER in the morning if I didn't feel any better and to follow up with the ophthalmologist in his office.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment