No abrasion?

Tuesday May 26, 2009 - I called the ophthalmologist in the morning and got in a few hours later. They checked my eye for the abrasion and found nothing. So my first reaction was to panic. They did every test they could and I failed every one of them. By this time I could not see anything out of my right eye, not even light. So the ophthalmologist comes in and tells me he is sending me for an MRI to see what is going on. He said that he was pretty sure it was probably optic neuritis be he needed to confirm it. He also told me that MS can be linked to optic neuritis and said that because of my age and gender my risk is higher. He said that if he found anything abnormal on the MRI he would send me to a neurologist. The MRI took an hour. I never thought I could lay in one of those machines being claustrophobic, but it went fine.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment