And Waiting

Friday May 29, 2009 - I went back to the ophthalmologist to have my eye checked again. He needed to look at my eye when it was not dilated since it was still dilated from my drops on Tuesday. He said my eye looked fine. He said with the steroid treatment I should regain most of my vision but may have a blind spot and it would take several weeks. My vision has improved a little. Not anything to be excited about, but improvement. Also, Jerry being in the panic he is in about the whole MS issues, asked the ophthalmologist if he could give him more information about the MRI even though we knew he is not the neurologist. He did say that it looks pretty probable that there is some kind of demyelinating disease. He made it sounds like we needed to be prepared for treatment and more testing. Great! He also asked if my appointment was set with the neurologist and when I told him no he seemed a little irritated and got his nurse on the phone immediately. Well, come to find out the neurologist's office is closed until 2. So they would have to call them back. I got a call from the ophthalmologist's office at 2:10 and they told me the neurologist's scheduler was out for the day so they would call me first thing Monday morning and squeeze me in.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment