Waiting........

Wednesday May 27, 2009 - We waited until 12:30 to finally get the results from the MRI. They confirmed that I had optic neuritis and they were going to treat me with 3 days of IV steroids and the 11 days of oral steroids. So that I could get the IV outpatient the ophthalmologist was going to send me to a neurologist that was set up to do the IV. I didn't hear back from the ophthalmologist until around 4 with further instructions. He said the neurologist was leaving town on Thursday, but they wanted me to get started on treatment so they decided to give me 3 days of very strong oral steroids (1,000 mg to be exact) and then do 11 days of a lower dose of steroids. The ophthalmologist also said that he was sending my MRI to the neurologist to look over and that he wanted to see me as soon as he got back into town. He said there were 10 blips on the MRI. By this time I have a pit in my stomach again. He told me the neurologist would call me today to schedule that appointment. I never got the call.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment