Now we are getting somewhere, I hope

Wednesday June 10, 2009 - I heard from my neurologist this afternoon about my MRI. When they did the scans they broke the spine up into two sections; upper and lower. The lower portion of my spine is clear of disease, but there is a very small spot on my upper spine indicating demyelinating disease. He said this is the best abnormal result I could have. So in all I have 11 non-active lesions in my brain and spine. Basically, this means that I still have the diagnosis of clinically isolated syndrome until I have another occurrence or a new lesion appears. The multiple in multiple sclerosis means there has to be evidence of multiple events and since there is no way of seeing when my lesions occurred they can't consider it multiple even though there are so many. I discussed medication options with the neurologist today and he is submitting the information to insurance to get the ball rolling. Once insurance has approved it the pharmaceutical company will send out a trained nurse to show me how to do my injections. YIPPEE!! The medication I have chosen is an injection that I will administer myself every other day. Once I am on the medication for two weeks I will go back to the neurologist to see how I am doing.

*One question I keep getting about medication is how long will I have to do injections? I will have to give myself injections until the FDA approves a pill for MS treatment or there is a cure for MS. So I will be on MS treatment until there is a cure.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment