Don't hit a blood vessel

Monday June 13, 2009 - Well I figured out last night that I need to be little more careful doing my injections. Apparently I hit a blood vessel or vein. It did not hurt going in but I knew as soon as I pulled the needle out it was not good. Lots of blood came out and my entire body got hot and I felt like I was going to pass out. I immediately called the Beta nurse line and left a message to have them call me back. I wanted to make sure I didn't need to go to the ER. While I was waiting for her to call I got online and did some research and found a lady that injected her medication into her vein and she stopped breathing. So at that point I got off the computer and waited. The nurse called and seemed to think I probably just hit a blood vessel but did not know what would cause the heat sensation. So I decided to stay up for awhile to make sure I was going to be okay. That is the one problem with doing your injection at night. Other than the scare last night I am doing fine.

I keep forgetting to post about my vision so I guess I will update you on that while I am at it. When I went to the neurologist last week it was 20/40 (up close). So it had improved some since the time before when it had gotten worse. I don't feel like my vision has really improved much. I am trying to drive as little as possible because I don't have good peripheral vision or depth perception in my right eye. I will go back to the ophthalmologist next Friday and will know more then. I am hoping he can correct my right eye some but usually with optic neuritis they can't correct it with glasses or contacts because of the damage that has been done to the optic nerve. My brain is just not getting the information it needs for me to be able to see.

I hope you all have a great week. Try to stay cool!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. just don't poke yourself in the eye! it's all a learning curve and will get easier with time. hang in there and know that we are here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete