It Is Too HOT!

Sunday July 19, 2009 - I hope everyone is staying cool. We have had a pretty good weekend. I went to Dylan's soccer game with Jerry and Emily on Saturday hoping to not get too hot. After about 30 minutes I was getting very hot. Once we got in the car I realized that my vision was worse from getting overheated. I guess it is time to look into a cooling vest. My neurologist mentioned it several weeks ago but I just thought I didn't need it or didn't want to need it. I guess I just don't want to accept that I can't go outside whenever I want to. I think I am still in denial of everything that has happened in the last two months.



The last several days have been hard on me and I guess everyone. We can't go outside during the day because of the heat so the kids and I are going stir crazy. We are also stuck at home more now because we are down to one car. The kids are also starting to have a very hard time with Jerry being gone so much. I thought it was hard at first but it has only gotten worse. We are going to have to make some changes around here for every one's sake.



We have already decided that me staying home and watching kids is not going to work anymore for several reasons. One, I don't think it is fair to the parents of the kids I watch to always feel like they may not have childcare one day because of the unpredictability of MS. Second, I am in desperate need of time away from the house. I need to talk to other adults and feel like I have an identity. The plan is for me to watch kids until the end of August and then once school starts Emily will be in school three days a week and I will work on those days. I am actually a little excited about working again. I have not worked in an office in 6 years.



Well, I guess that is all the venting I will do for today. I hope everyone has a great week and I will update you on how my ophthalmologist appointment goes on Friday.



Amanda

1 comment:

  1. i know it will be nice to have some adult interaction again!! hang in there for a few more weeks. sorry your civic dumped on y'all, glad you got some $$ for it though. we are going out saturday night, if you and j can get a sitter and/or he's not working join us. it will be a fun night.

    ReplyDelete