Happy Friday!

Friday July 24, 2009 - I hope everyone has had a good week. Jerry took Wednesday through today off of work. He took Emily to lunch, Dylan to the movies and me to dinner on Wednesday. I was off on Thursday so we went to see Up as a family and made homemade pizza together. We have all missed having Jerry home so it was nice to have him here for a few days.

I did go to the ophthalmologist today and was there forever. He told me what I expected, he can't correct my vision any. My optic nerve is still damaged and he is not sure it will get much better. I will go back in a few months to have pictures taken of my optic nerve. My color vision has also gotten worse and my blind spot is right in the middle of my eye. The ophthalmologist told me I have it in the worse place possible. :( So my vision has improved about 75% since my first visit in May. I think I have adjusted to not being able to see very well out of my right eye.

I also went to have my blood work done today. Lucky me, they had to stick me twice again. I told the girl that my veins are difficult and she said but you have a nice big one here. So she stuck me and got nothing. Ha! So she had to have another lady try. I should have my results back Monday. We are hoping for normal liver and blood counts.

As for my medication I am still on the .50 dose and will go up to .75 on Tuesday. I am still tolerating the medication but have started to have some skin reactions. Nothing serious just noticeable. Speaking of skin reactions, the bruise from where I hit the vein is almost gone. It has been almost two weeks.

I have been wanting to get out and exercise but it has been too hot. So I decided to start Yoga again so I can be inside where it is cool and do something relaxing. If anyone has any Yoga DVD suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Well, I think that is all for today. I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping us all in the loop through your blog. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete