End of Summer

Sunday August 23, 2009 - It has been awhile since my last post. Lots has happened since my last post. Dylan had his last soccer game of the season, the kids and I went to San Antonio for several days and we have met Dylan's 1st grade teacher.

Dylan's last soccer game was by far the most exciting game of the season. It ended up being a tie so both teams put up a good fight.;) We are taking the fall off but I am hoping to get Dylan back into soccer in the spring. He had fun and I think he was finally starting to get the hang of it.

After the game we rode with my mom to San Antonio. We got to see family, spend time at the pool and learn how to fish. We all had a good time. It was nice to get away from home for a few days.

While I was in San Antonio my cooling equipment came. I now have a vest, neck wrap, 2 wrist wraps and a pillow case that holds ice packs. I think we have more ice packs in our freezer than you can find in any store. I have used the neck wrap and it works well. I have not used the vest yet. Jerry said it makes me look like I am going hunting. Owell!

My injections are going well. I am still having skin reactions in spots and the medication burns going in. I have learned that I need to stay on the Tylenol that I take before my injections. On Wednesday I thought I would be smart and not take the Tylenol. Well, I woke up around 1 am to go to the restroom and I felt awful. I was shivering like it was freezing in the house and sweating. I could not get comfortable and felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin. I was so tired on Thursday I spent most of the morning sleeping.

We have had a nice weekend. Jerry was off on Friday night and Saturday. Friday we had meet the teacher and then we went to dinner. Saturday we got up and went to breakfast as a family which was nice. My brother came into town and stayed the night. Today I am doing laundry and Jerry had to go to work. :( Back to the same old routine.

This next few weeks will be a big change. Dylan starts school on Tuesday, Emily will start in two weeks and I will start working. Lots of excitement! I will let you all know how it goes. I am ready to get back to our school routine. I hope you all have a great week and a great first week of school for those of you going back or that have kids in school.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment