Appointment

Thursday January 7, 2010 - Today was my three month follow up with the neurologist. He asked me how I was doing compared to three months ago and he was happy to hear that my energy level and mood have improved. We went over the letter he received from my ophthalmologist back in November. He was not exactly pleased that I have not regained all of my vision but he did say that in a good way it will be a constant reminder that even though I may feel fine I still need to be on medication for MS. I told him about my tingling in my arms and legs and of course he was not surprised. He did ask me if I was having spasms in my legs and I told him yes and mostly in my arms. He was not surprised because my reflexes are so exaggerated.

He sent me for blood work to make sure my liver and blood counts are still good and he did go ahead and order a vitamin D test. We will see how all of that comes back. We talked about my next MRI. I will go in June for my MRI and then have my next appointment with him in July. I did ask if I could have an open MRI and he said that would be fine. Luckily, I will only have an MRI of the brain done this time. We know that I have a lesion in my spine and he said if I had any more activity there we would know because typically a lesion in the spine will be something that I will notice. (Not be able to walk for example) I may have activity in my brain and not notice anything. He did say that this next MRI is very important. Studies have shown that within six months of starting medication if a person has a clear MRI then their prognosis for the future is better than if there is even one lesion. Keep your fingers crossed that in June we will get good news.

I guess that is all I have for now. I hope everyone is staying warm. Our low for this evening is around 15 with a wind chill of 8. It will be a good night to stay inside.

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Fingers and Toes crossed. It will be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete