Argh!!!!

Monday August 8, 2011 - This is the time of year I curse insurance companies. Oh wait, that is every day. Jerry's office changes insurance plans September 1st every year instead of the beginning of the year. It is a pain for lots of reasons but the main reason is the plans are never the same so all the $$$$ that we have paid since January 1st toward our deductible somehow does not count. So we start over September 1st and then again on January 1st. This is why we had $18,000 in medical expenses last year!!!

So I have not seen the plan details yet but it is with the same company (that covers nothing) and our premiums are going up $1,000 a year and our deductible is going up $2,000 more. Argh!!! We can not get ahead. So needless to say I am trying to cram all the appointments in this month that I have to have. I have to go back for a follow up mammogram, so I will be doing that in two weeks instead of two months. Also, we have spent a ton of $$$ on occupational therapy recently for Dylan and I am sure all the $$$$ we just spent will not count for anything. On top of the fact that our insurance will only cover 6 weeks of therapy after we have shelled out $5,000.

Sorry I am griping but I just have to vent. I get so angry when it comes to this time of year because it never fails that we get screwed.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment