No Meds

Thursday, August 18, 2011 - Wow! It has been a busy couple of weeks and it is only going to get busier. I have been trying to get some stuff done for my classroom along with trying to get the kids ready for school. We have met Dylan and Emily's teachers and seen their classrooms. They are both excited. It is going to be very strange on Tuesday when I drop both kids off at school and not just one. :( I am soooooooooo ready for school to start though.

I had my appointment with my neurologist today. We discussed my medication. I told him I hate taking it. I hate thinking about taking it. So we have decided to stop medication for now. He said that since I am stable at the moment and me taking the medication is making me depressed, angry, etc. that we will stop for now. The pill is not an option because there are just too many BAD side effects. So yes me not taking the medication may end up being a bad decision but there is no way of knowing that for sure. I will go back in 6 months to see him and we will do another MRI in 6 months to a year and make our decisions based on that.

We also talked about my left leg. The one leg that always seems to have an issue. I am still having muscle spasms, of course. The last few days my leg has been stiff to the point that I can barely bend my foot back. He said he could send me for physical therapy to get on a stretching regimen but I told him for now I will try to get back into my yoga and see if that helps. If it doesn't I will be going to PT. Ugh! I know that will cost us another arm and a leg.

So I know some of you may be thinking "is she crazy for stopping her medication?" Maybe so, but for now I have to. It is very hard to explain what I go through in my head on a daily basis thinking about that darn medication.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I know we will try to enjoy our last weekend with no homework.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment