Crossing My Fingers!

Friday September 18, 2009 - I am crossing my fingers that I don't have a bad reaction to my medication tonight. On Wednesday I did my injection and then woke up around 2:30 Thursday morning with a migraine and was shivering uncontrollably. I hopped in the shower to try to warm up with no luck. Jerry came in and thought I was crazy because I was taking a shower at 3 in the morning. :) I got out and put on long pj's and Jerry wrapped me in in two heavy blankets. I moved to the sofa to try and get comfortable. I was shivering, thirsty, had an awful headache and very nauseous. I wanted to take more Tylenol but could not eat or drink because I was afraid it would come back up. So I was finally able to go back to sleep. When I woke after a short little nap I had finally stopped shivering but my head was pounding. It hurt so bad my ears felt like they were going to explode. Finally around 3:30 in the afternoon, after playing musical beds all day, my head was starting to feel better. I felt a little better today but still had a slight headache and was very tired and weak.

When I went to pull my next injection out for tonight I realized that the injection I took the other night was from a new box that I had not opened yet. I had an issue with getting that shipment of medication. It was shipped on a Friday and I was supposed to get it delivered Saturday. The medication did not show up until Monday. So I am guessing it sat in a truck or warehouse all weekend and the medication has to be kept at a certain temperature. UGH! So I just did my injection for tonight out of the same box. I am hoping that I don't wake up in the middle of the night again. I guess if I do I have a good idea as to why. I will let you know how it goes.

Also, my symptoms are not improving. My left hand and arm have a mind of their own. I have spasms and today I was trying to get something out of Jerry's hand and could not get my fingers to grip it. Very frustrating! My right foot still feels like it is asleep most of the time. Thankfully it has not gotten worse so I can still walk on it. I see the neurologist on Thursday. I am very anxious to see what he has to say.

Just a reminder that the Austin MS Walk is Saturday October 10th. I would love for you all to join me. You can go to my page at the link below. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Amanda

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TRC/Walk/TXHWalkEvents?pg=peditor&fr_id=11720&px=6864140

No comments:

Post a Comment