A Whole New World

Saturday September 26, 2009 - I had my appointment with the neurologist Thursday. It was fairly uneventful. He didn't really say much about my symptoms, but then again what can he do about them. He did give me some medication to give me more energy. I have been spending lots of time in bed sleeping. On days I don't work I will stay in bed either half the day or all day. I am thinking it is a combination of issues; lack of routine, the need to exercise and maybe a little depression. I am trying to change my routine and exercise more and see if that helps first. I hate taking lots of medication. I will go back for my three month check up in January.

On the subject of exercise, I went to a pilates class Thursday night that is for MS patients. I felt great afterwards. The class is offered on Thursdays so I guess I know where I will be on Thursday evenings. There are people there of all abilities; so you are not being judged by what you can and can't do. I will say going to two different MS functions this week has been a little strange for me. I keep feeling like I don't belong. Not because people are not welcoming but because it is just not a community I am used to. It is all new and not a place you ever want to be. It has been nice, though, meeting other people in the area with MS. I don't feel so isolated.

I have been sleeping much better at night without medication. I think working has helped with that. I still don't sleep through the night but am able to fall asleep easier. We did get a new mattress topper for our bed last week. It has made it much softer an has helped with the strain on my neck. I actually slept through the night a couple of days ago and it was very strange. I can't remember the last time I slept though the night before that. I hope I have more of them.

I started a journal a couple of days ago that I plan on writing in it daily for therapy. :) We will see if it helps. I hope you all have a great weekend. I am going to try and get some much needed cleaning done.



Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment