Thank You Beta Plus!!!

Wednesday September 2, 2009 - Thank you Beta Plus! Beta Plus is a service provided through Betaseron (the medication I am on). I can call and talk to a nurse 24/7, they deal with insurance and they call to check and see how I am doing. Well, our insurance changed yesterday so I had to get the ball rolling with the new insurance so that I don't run out of my medication. Beta Plus called and verified my coverage and all that jazz. Our new insurance charges an arm and a leg for my medication but Beta Plus has a program where no one ever pays more than $50 a month for medication. So I am not getting my medication through my insurance anymore. It is being sent from another company and I have to pay $50 a month and Beta Plus covers the rest up to $6,000 a year. THANK GOD!!!!!! My medication costs about $200 an injection ($2,800 a month) otherwise.

I got my results back from my biopsy and it was normal. Yippee! So for now I don't have to get anymore cut off; I just have to keep an eye on them.

Today was my last day to watch kids at home and I officially start my new job tomorrow at Jerry's office. I am excited but nervous as well. I think it will work out well. I will only be working about 15 hours a week in the office and once I get better at CAD I will be bringing work home.

Both of the kids are a little upset that I am going to work and Emily is having a very hard time because this week I have to leave her with a friend while I am gone. Next week she will start school so hopefully it will be a little easier on her. We will all have to get adjusted to the change.

It has felt a little strange not going to a doctor's office the last couple of weeks.:) That will all change soon. I go back to the neurologist in a couple of weeks and then I will hit one doctor a week for the next month and a half. I think I have an appointment with every doctor I have. I did get Emily in to see a pediatric ophthalmologist; but that is not until mid October.

I hope everyone has a great end to their week.

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic news on the meds!!!

    We are looking forward to keeeping the young Caperton's next weekend.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete